Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Selera Kita Mee Rebus @ Upper Changi Road Blk 58

My weekly Sunday brunch with the parentals resumed last Sunday after a mad mad week with work. They have lived at Bedok South for more than 15 years and when I used to live there, I would always partake of the Mee Rebus from Selera Kita. And since I had a hankering for Mee Rebus, I convinced the parentals to head to the market for breakfast.

As the Auntie has kept her prices very low, $1.20, $1.50 and $2.00, its no wonder that there is always a long queue for her Mee Rebus.


Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed. My noodles were over-cooked and soggy. And the savoury gravy which I remember so fondly had changed. Maybe over the course of time, I have remembered this Mee Rebus to be better than it actually was. The gravy was overly sweet and not particularly savoury. It did not have that umami-ish that I remembered it having. I would rate it a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment