Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Wok & Barrel will be at 13 Duxton Hill

After 4 months of searching and seeing countless units in the east, north east and Tanjong Pagar, we finally found the perfect space for The Wok & Barrel!

There will be renovations and I hope we will be able to open The Wok & Barrel in June.

To celebrate, I went home and cooked myself a lovely fish curry for dinner as well as experimented with baking my own ciabatta. I loved getting my hands dirty with the flour and shaping the ciabatta loaves. These ciabatta loaves will be great for The Wok & Barrel Crispy Pork Sandwiches and Crispy Chicken Sandwiches. That means everything will be handmade by me.....right down to the mayonnaise that will be accompanying the sandwich.

Home made ciabatta for Crispy Pork Sandwiches and Crispy Chicken Sandwiches
I've also been working on the bistro menu for The Wok & Barrel and got the chance to serve Porchetta to my friends during D & AW's birthday celebration.

I wanted to kick up the flavour profile of the Porchetta so I used a satay marinade instead of the usual salt and 5 Spice seasoning. It was delicious and transformed an otherwise good dish into something quite sublime. Juicy tender pork belly with a crispy crackling.

Satay Porchetta

I also managed to serve them a dessert called Shendol Delights which was inspired by our local dessert Chendol. It is a deconstructed Chendol with a rich coconut pannacotta drizzled with gula melaka syrup and topped with home made red bean ice cream.

Coconut Pannacotta
Shendol Delights


1 comment:

  1. Woohoo,i am looking forward! Keep us posted for the official opening k. Finger crossed

    ReplyDelete