Monday, October 4, 2010

Aburiya @ Robertson Quay

BH and I had not caught up with our friend J for quite some time and as it was going to be her birthday next week, we decided to catch up over beers and dinner. I was having a hellishly busy day so I left the choice of restaurants to J.

She suggested that we try out Belle Pizza but for some strange reason, we both could not find it! BH was busy on the phone, so J and I made an executive decision and decided to have charcoal grilled meats at Aburiya, You can't go wrong with meat, fire and beer!

As you can tell from the pictures, I still have not worked out how to use my fancy camera in low lighting yet, so please forgive the blurry pictures. But I wanted to blog about Aburiya because I really love the food here.


Grilled Mushrooms
We ordered the mushrooms, wagyu beef rib, tontoro (pig cheeks) with a ponzu dipping sauce, kurobuta rib eye and lamb rib eye. While the Wagyu was good, the real stars were the lamb rib eye, tontoro and kurobuta pork. The fat crunchy pork cheeks were especially tasty after being dipped in the ponzu sauce. A great place for meat and I would rate it a 8/10.

Wagyu Beef Rib

1 comment:

  1. Zull and I are great fans of Aburiya! We used to dine there at least once a month when we lived in the vicinity. We'd always have a good time talking and laughing while stuffing our guts full. Time to head there again soon!

    ReplyDelete