Monday, October 11, 2010

Burgers, Ribs, Pizza and Chocolate Guiness Cake

I was entertaining some friends on Saturday night and designed a menu that would satisfy everyone, including BH. The result was the above. Of course I only managed to get pictures of food that was not made a la minute....i.e. the ribs and the cake, but not the burgers and pizza.

The Chocolate Cake was divine, very moist and extremely chocolatey.....but for the life of me, I can't remember where I got the recipe from!? So forgive me if I do not attribute the source. I think however, it might have been better to bake the cake in a spring form cake tin lined with wax paper. My guests brought ice cream and they finished the cake and the ice cream. A big hit with the kids too! I also added a tablespoon of instant coffee to the mix...which really enhanced the chocolate flavour (Valrhona).

RIBS!!!!

Burger Buns

Guinness Chocolate Cake - TO ARTHUR!
Traditionally I would follow a brioche recipe for the burger buns but following complaints that it was too rich, I turned to a recipe for potato bread. It worked really well, was soft but provided enough structure to the bread (i.e. it didn't fall apart with the juices of the burger and onions).

The ribs were marinated for 24 hours and then slow cooked in the broiler for 3 hours at a low temperature. They were the first to go! Excellent with the fine selection of Belgian Beers from The Drinking Partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment