Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fried Minced Pork @ Home with Cantik and Sooky

The one thing I love about working so close to home is that I get to go home for lunch. Not only do I get to eat healthily (sort of), I also get to play with my pussies.

There are days when I really have a really healthy meal of steamed fish, steamed eggs, steamed veggies and brown rice. But today, I went home and cooked up a batch of minced pork. It was a hmmmm-what-is-the fridge-kind of dish but that didn't make it any less tasty.


Minced Pork @ Home

Instead of vegetable oil, I fried the garlic, chili and tau cheo in lard (for those who think my cholesterol is sky high, it isn't.). I then added the minced pork, cranked up the heat and then added kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce and lime juice. I had this with leftover popiah filling (fibre and tasty!) and white rice and sambal belachan. The kaffir lime leaves and chilli gave this rich porky dish some zing while the fish sauce, garlic and tau cheo layered flavours in.

After that most satisfying meal, I played with Sooky, Handsome and Cantik. Handsome as usual was camera shy.
Sooky guarding my shoes

Cantik grooming Sooky, a rare moment

Cantik wanting to be sayanged

No comments:

Post a Comment