Sunday, December 12, 2010

Yan Kee Bak Chor Mee @ Boat Quay BK Eating House

Following our disappointment in not getting mee pok nor mee kia, I decided that I needed my fix of Bak Chor Mee. I consulted MakanSutra and gave Yan Kee a try. It was a beautiful morning and not crowded at all, so that meant we were able to chow down on the springy mee pok noodles after a short 10 minute wait.


This bak chor mee didn't have the usual crunchy lard pieces but it did have some ikan billis. Not quite the same thing but I actually enjoyed this version better than Lai Heng. The noodles were a little soggy (if they had cooked it for 15 secs less - they would have been perfect) but overall, the vinegar chilli soy mixture was better balanced. The piquant, spicy and salty sauce mixture was well mixed into the noodles and I like the subtantial amounts of minced pork. I would have liked the lard pieces but overall, it was a decent bowl of noodles. I would rate it 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment