Sunday, September 12, 2010

Madam Tan's Nasi Lemak rated 2.5 pairs chopsticks by Makansutra

When I cracked open the latest Makansutra 2011 and read that we had been awarded 2.5 chopsticks (Divine) for our Nasi Lemak, I could not help but feel a little twinge of bittersweetness. As a cook and the creative force behind the food, this was definitely validation of all the hard work put into creating a Nasi Lemak which was delicious and 'lemak' enough. But having decided to close the business and to re-think the format of Madam Tan's for the future, I did feel a little nostalgic for the little hawker stall in Maxwell Food Centre which we (my fantastic family and I) kept going for the better part of 14 months.

However, I do not have any regrets and look forward to the future where I am sure we will see a cooler incarnation of Madam Tan's that will serve up the same (if not better) yummy food in a chillout bistro. We will have great food, great service and of course the BEST beers to go with all that great food.


Thanks for all your support and I can't wait to serve all of you again at Madam Tan's!

No comments:

Post a Comment