Friday, September 3, 2010

Weekend Brekkie

Since re-entering the corporate fold, I have begun to enjoy my weekends once again. And one of the luxuries of having the weekend to yourself is a delicious leisurely breakfast.

Last Saturday, BH and I woke only at 7am, lazed around in bed and only got to breakfast at about 930am. Bliss. We chowed down on Seng Kee Bak Chor Mee at 316 Changi Road. It was a good Bak Chor Mee and satisfied BH's extremely finicky palate.

We also had some kind of a crispy pork side dish, which was good but not orgasmically good. I fancied that the noodles were a little starchy (i.e. weren't rinsed in cold water sufficiently) and that there wasn't enough vinegar. On the whole, it was a decent bowl of Bak Chor Mee because of the ample pork mince, pork slices, and stewed mushrooms (which leads me to suspect that was how BH's chiam chwee was satisfied). If I had to rate it, I would rate it 8/10.

I am sure that there is a better Bak Chor Mee out there and I think BH and I will not rest till we find it.

Tomorrow, we will have breakfast at home. We are going to have a nice big artery clogging fry up. Loads of animal fat! Sausages, Homemade Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Homemade Roesti with Sour Cream.

I will post the pictures tomorrow. Hope I don't forget to take them before we devour it.

1 comment: