Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mooncakes from Marina Bay Sands


I had a long meeting today at Marina Bay Sands and got as a "reward" (meaning I didn't pay for the mooncakes) a totally cool box of mooncakes from Sweet Spot @ Marina Bay Sands. The packaging is extremely innovative - it is a tower with 4 individual compartments and of course 4 mooncakes.  I brought it back to the office for everyone to enjoy. For now, no one is eating them, but I have broken my less sugar rule and had half a mooncake. Eeep *sheepish*

How did the mooncakes taste? I am normally a Tai Chong Kok fan and buy my mooncakes from there. But I have to say I did enjoy this mooncake. Not too sweet and the lotus seed paste was smooth and luxuriant. The only fault I had was that it could have been a little more caramelly (if there such a word), toastier in the finish. The salted egg yolk was crumbly, unctuously rich and the perfect foil to the sweet lotus seed paste.

I would rate it a 8/10. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment