Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Popiah @ Newton

I tried the famous popiah Bee Heng at #01-12 Newton Circus Hawker Centre but couldn't take a picture of it because it was a takeaway. This is the hawker that insists that you buy a minimum of two popiah (total $3.60). He was featured in the Straits Times Sunday as being a hawker nazi.

I thought that was pretty funny.

The popiah is not bad, the filling is quite tasty but a little too sweet. I also prefer popiah which has bamboo shoots mixed in. He had the usual crunchy fried dough pieces for texture, hard boiled egg, a sliver of prawn, and chilli and garlic. I would rate it a 7/10. Okay but not mind blowing. But I give a 10/10 for balls and gumption for making Singaporeans spend at least $3.60 at his stall. hahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment